[kj] ]KJ[ Part 3/3 Brittania Row Studios Sessions : The Full ReportOf 3 Days With Killing Joke in London November 2009

Janean j at jlancaster.info
Tue Dec 8 04:08:47 EST 2009

Brilliant posts, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Janean

_____

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On
Behalf Of Frenchy Frenzy
Sent: 07 December 2009 23:57
To: gathering at misera.net
Cc: dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Subject: [kj] ]KJ[ Part 3/3 Brittania Row Studios Sessions : The Full
ReportOf 3 Days With Killing Joke in London November 2009

3rd Day 21th nov 2009

Jaz had a meeting about business at the studio with Matt Luxon and a young
lady.

During the last 2 days I really really really tried to negociate with
everybody (Jaz Paul Youth and all the people in the studio) to get one of
the new tracks on an USB key but as these were “work in progress tracks and
quite unfinished “ I couldn’t get any of them :o((

But the last afternoon was my time !!!!

I have spent quite 50 mins in the control room with one guy (who will
recognize himself) and by chance (after some threats on his family ha ha ha
) he let me listening to quite all the tracks

.

“ The Raven King “ certainly the masterpiece of the album

“The New Feudalism” (incredible guitar rhythm that “lead” everything :
Geordie in his highest form with a lot of different breaks)

“Point Of Singularity” (with a bass line à la Steve Harris and guitar
breaks à la Pantera) very different from the others and much more heavier

and even let me alone in the control room during one complete track :

“A Sixth Son (Holy Mountain)” (major guitar riff and cool bass lines very
groovy à la “Wire”)

This was a very special privilege and couldn’t help filming myself at the
mixing desk doing stupid things like Angus Young’s duck walk in a real
moment of complete euphoria submerged by the music

Jaz insisted to introduce me to the young lady seen upstairs as the daughter
of a good friend of him

Her name is Yasmin Kerr, daughter of Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders) and Jim
Kerr (Simple Minds)

Quite a good name for the music business
.

She’s now working for the management.

Jaz said to Matt Luxon that it would be a good idea to use all my footages
during the recording sessions for an EPK and I gave my emails to Miss Kerr

Matt Luxon said there were discussions for filming the Apollo Hammersmith’s
gig in 2010 but the Saturday 17th should be a day off.

There are discussions for them to play some festivals in summer 2010 like
this year too.

Concerning the footages of 16 gigs they got from me, the new contract with
Universal prevent them for releasing a DVD with this footages for about 12
/18 months

Jaz was supposed to record some vocal parts during the afternoon and I had
the feeling they needed some privacy for the recording with Youth.

In fact, they were looking for some other studios to record the vocals for
different tracks too !!!

As it was time to leave and take the taxi to Victoria and train to Gatwick
and Plane to Lyon, we said goodbye till next time, thanked them for the
invitation, they both thanked me for the cheeses and Jaz said that Youth was
driving him mad and Youth answered “You mean to Sanity man !!

Stephane “Frenchy Frenzy” very excited about the new album, who spent 3
memorable days in London

PS : names of others tracks should be “I Am War” and “Absolut Descent”

PS 2 : Nothing of this would have been possible without Big Paul (the
invitation at the studios) whose drumming is awesome too and so dynamic

PS 3 :There is a project of a Serge Gainsbourg tribute which Jaz might
contribute to