[kj] (OT) Mark Burgess tonight at The Echo was KILLER!

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 17:46:01 EDT 2009

Man,

For those of any LA Gatherers that went last night to the gig you sure got
a treat of great singing by Mark Burgess and a very good back up band! We
already got our tickets on line and it seemed like an hour before the
opened the doors! Mind you the doors were supposed to open at 10 PM! That was
the lame part and bit odd for an LA gig to open so late. The line was
already the way around the block too and they even sold out!Two bands opened up
also which was a bit uncalled for considering how late Mark went on. The
New Room which were not too bad and the War Tapes which I did not see for it
was so freaking hot in there and already packed to the gills!

When Mark went on he looked at the crowd with all but love and amazement at
all the cheers and jeers! He introduced his band as the LA Chameleons and
Then opened with Swamp Thing which everyone went nuts for! Then a fuckin
fight broke out kind near me in the crowd! I said to someone standing next to
me that this isn't a Black Flag gig but a Mark Burgess one! Who fights in
LA at a mellow gig? Anyway I don't know the details of what happened but
the dude got tossed. He played for a good hour with all the kill Chameleons
tunes that they could play. Afterwards we got to talk to him and he is as
always the most humble cat! Then we were standing on the street and a friend
of ours DJ Danny pulled his car over and said what we were doing and asked
us if you want to go eat with Mark which was very cool at this Mexican
joint on Santa Monica and Vermont. So after the long night we said our
goodbyes to him and his entourage and wished him god speed and good luck on the
rest of his journey. We did not get home until 4:30 but was way worth it.
Anyway he is playing up in San Francisco at The Rockit Room on September 2
on Wed. Then he plays Chicago at the Abbey Pub next week on Monday September
the 7th. I advise any Gatherers who live in these cities to go see him
for you will not be disappointed!

Cheers!

~ Lonely Boy

In a message dated 8/30/2009 7:10:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,