[kj] (Entirely OT) Question for the Dr Who fans out here...

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Wed Aug 5 09:25:29 EDT 2009

Blink

You must see Blink

________________________________

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Harper
Sent: 05 August 2009 14:15
To: Gathering
Subject: [kj] (Entirely OT) Question for the Dr Who fans out here...

Afternoon all!

I'm not much of a Dr Who fan, although I have enjoyed various episodes
over the years. Mainly it's because I've been particularly kind on the
show's brand of science-fiction. The majority of the episodes I've
actually enjoyed were the ones that branched out into gothic/horror
territory: things like The Pyramids of Mars, Image of the Fendahl, The
Empty Child, that recent one with Dickens and the living dead.

So my question is then: what other episodes/stories are there that I
might enjoy? I don't have a preferred era (although most of the stuff
from the 1980s seems to have been toss in my experience), don't mind the
new stuff either, it's the content I'm more interested in. So: any
recommendations?

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by
Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive,
in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good
bookstores.

This communication may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information within is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender, then delete and destroy any copies of it. The Health Informatics Service disclaims any liability for action taken reliant on the content of this message. This communication is from the Health Informatics Service serving Barnet Enfield & Haringey Health Communities.