[kj] OT swine flu

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Apr 29 03:57:28 EDT 2009

I looked at getting it back in 2007, was more expensive then. Good to see
price come down. You also had to get a doc's prescription, which raised
the effective price considerably...I decided against it.

>From memory it has a 2-year shelf life and doesn't provide lifelong

immunity so needs to be kept handy and taken as soon as possible when
there's a risk of infection...the sonner you take it (in relation to when
you're infected) the more effective it is.

Actually tamiflu might not be a bad investment. The actual vaccine I mean.
$70 / each once every 2 years...in the event of a pandemic, if there's
still a shortage, each one would be worth a fortune.