[kj] OT: In-for-ma-tion

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 27 23:41:56 EDT 2009

Hi Geoff.

I'm certainly guilty of being dismissive of any band I don't like; as we're
all adults here (most of the time), I hope we are able not to take
personally any slating of bands we like. I will have caused a great deal of
offence over the years if so, and don't feel even slightly guilty about it.

For the record, I really like "The Holy Bible", but dislike their blander
later albums (post Richey, I'd say), apart from the "If You Tolerate This"
single. The problem I have with them, apart from the anodyne nature of the
later music, is the C&A urban terrorist chic they effect. I just find it
embarrassing.

By the way, talent and/or success is no guarantee of respect on this list.
I'd hate for us all to like the same things, so I'm glad we don't.

Darren

Hungerford, UK