[kj] more Geordie

flumedc at aol.com flumedc at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 11:11:26 EDT 2009

Yes, I do.? Of course, I'm listening to these pieces in a fundamentally different way than I would a full finished KJ song.? If you adjust expectations for what it isn't, I think it shows different sides of Geordie's sound and he's trying new things - not stagnating.? This is a good thing -at least I think it bodes well for an artist to show different sides of what he can do.? Some of the tracks are substantial departures from what we've heard from Geordie in the past several years and I find that exciting.? The first batch from months ago had a particular track-I believe it was #5 - that really explored new textures/tones and was as intense and violent as ever.? On this newest batch we get to hear some really interesting new directions - I think its #7 that features a riff thats almost flamenco flavor - something I never thought I'd hear from Geordie and it works.? So -approaching it on these grounds - and evaluating it indepedently from any preconceived notions of what KJ m
ight or might evolve the track into, I do think this is fantastic music, and I remain gobsmacked that it just was put out onto myspace out of the blue.? Consider if we had this kind of access to new music earlier?? At least here in the States, there would absolutely no information between recordings or knowledge if there'd be another one after a tour finished.? The mystery probably only added to the appeal.? But, today I'm thankful that we're being given this "interior glimpse" to new music.