[kj] OT - Obama. .

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:54:37 EDT 2009

Hello Oliver,
Just got back from work and listened.
Do you take this song literally, or with a sense of irony?

'hey, sit down and listen and they'll tell you when you're wrong

eradicate but vindicate as "progress" creeps along

puritan work ethic maintains its subconscious edge

as old glory maintains your consciousness

there's a loser in the house and a puppet on a stool

and a crowded way of life and a black reflecting pool

and as the people bend the moral fabric dies

then country can't pretend to ignore its peoples' cries

you are the government

you are jurisprudence

you are the volition

you are jurisdiction

and I make a difference too'

When did it come out, late 80s?
Even if literal, it was 20 years ago..ooo, 'once you have a name for it, yesterday goes on and on. You turned pandemonium into pantomime'. Sorry, I digress.. ;)