[kj] (OT) Police Brutality part 2

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Fri Apr 17 13:13:55 EDT 2009

I agree Brendan that civilians don't stand a chance against the police force, but I think it's not just b/c they outgun us and that we have no (at least legal) recourse against them. I think it's mainly b/c their job is to back up the status quo--they are used to defend the government, businesses, etc. For ex., the cops ALWAYS attack people on strike (even just for standing in a picket line) but never go beat up the manager for paying the workers too little. And they always go after people demonstating against, for example, a war, but never beat up the people starting the wars (meaning the government of course). I know these examples sound stupid, but it just shows that we're so used to the fact that the cops back up the powerful and don't do much to help the rest of us (remember Public Enemy's "911 is a Joke"?).