[kj] (OT) :(

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 18:55:40 EDT 2009

Yes! :)

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/

From: hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:49:21 +0100
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) :(

is --rough trade-in london still going:)? thats a long time independant lable goes back to the 1970s!

milindafgrant

From: folk.devil at hotmail.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:18:33 -0700
Subject: [kj] (OT) :(

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&p=6139&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

"Back then, the local record shop was a zone of low-level intimidation and fear. Now, it's an emblem of a vanished era. The balance of power has shifted. Hence, as downloading and piracy rip their profitability down to zero and beyond, suddenly we value the few remaining shops as strongholds of authenticity in an industry that has changed beyond recognition.

continued...On some level, we look at a place like London's Pure Groove, or RPM Records in Newcastle and think, this is how music should be: small-scale, keyed into a local community, independent.
Trouble is, it's a bit late to get misty-eyed about record shops now. They're already screwed. In the UK alone, 540 stores have closed in the last four years. The distribution giant Pinnacle collapsed in 2008, leaving many outlets massively out of pocket."

bad times..

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

" Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. " Download Now