[kj] (OT) Spooky events

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 20:35:43 EDT 2009

yeah your right about chriss lee ;) and i do like satanic rites ;P but have you seen---the devil rides out? thats bloody amaizing ;D

milindafgrant

From: dpeace at bigfoot.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 01:25:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Spooky events

DRACULA 1972?

Christ, you’ll be telling me you like The Satanic Rites Of Dracula next.

Christopher Lee is in neither for more than 20 seconds, says nothing and spends that time looking aghast at all the groovy hippies that include Van Helsing’s grand-daughter Jessica. Who is played by STEPHANIE BEACHAM!

Christopher Lee was a superb Dracula. In Dracula (aka Horror Of Dracula), Dracula – Prince Of Darkness, Dracula Has Risen From The Grave, Taste The Blood Of Dracula, Scars Of Dracula and Dracula – God These Red Contact Lenses Hurt.

The common factor being that they’re all set in that familiar world of crappy Carpathian village and decrepit castle sets. Transplanting Dracula to swinging London is as ridiculous as staging King Lear in Legoland.

I suppose given your fondness for the 70s, the “groovy” “happenings” could be appealing. But Lee looks actually embarrassed and pissed off to be present throughout the two “modern day” films.

You’d much prefer Michael Reeves’ “The Sorcerers”.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062292/

Darren
Hungerford, UK