[kj] (OT) Bass cadets/drummers

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 10 16:42:51 EDT 2009

It seems damn tough to express individual style on the drums, but I
think these cats pull it off.....

Big Paul Fergson of Killing Joke (duh!)
Stewart Copeland of the Police (a cliched choice? You bet, but the man
can seriously hit the skins).
Philty Animal Taylor of Motorhead (if only for the sheer stamina)
George Hurly of the Minutemen (yes, awesome call on that one -- self
taught, crazy shit going on there)
Earl Hudson of Bad Brains (stealth and power but with finesse)
Ted Parsons of Swans/Prong/Killing Joke (just rock fucking solid)
Kevin Haskins of Bauhaus (great, dry less-is-more sensibility)
Rat Scabies of the Damned (strictly for the bug-fuck WALLOP)
Alan Meyers of Devo (they didn't call him the human metronome for
nothing).
Hugo Burnham of Gang of Four (because he's in Gang of Four -- and
you're not)
Lars Ulrich of Metallica (yes, he's a complete dick, but the man can
play)

Alex in NYC