[kj] (OT) Spooky events

Bo Krogsgaard bo.krogsgaard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:43:53 EDT 2009

On 4/10/09, Jim Harper <jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily describe it as *better* than Murnau's original,

> although it's definitely one of the few remakes of a bona fide classic that

> I consider to be as worthwhile or important as the original.

Which is exactly why i chose my words carefully. Remakes are 99.9% utter
crap, but Nosferatu is one of the few where i don't reach for the original
after about five minutes. Herzog actually made an effort with Nosferatu and
for some reason i also really like Mikhalkov's version of 12 Angry Men, but
they are really exceptions to the rule.

Most extreme case was i really loved the remake of Cat People, and only
found out a couple of years ago that there was an original. I haven't
watched the remake ever since, and that despite my Nastassja Kinski fetish.