[kj] (OT) Spooky events

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 11:19:37 EDT 2009

Subway is most definitely all style and no substance, but it does have great style, even if it is locked permanently into a thoroughly 80s mindset. Nikita and Leon are both great, and Big Blue is breathtaking, if far too bloody long. Never got on with Joan of Arc. I do enjoy The Fifth Element though, but it's nowhere near his best (and would probably have been better with Jean Reno instead of Bruce Willis).

The Tenant is great too. I'm not a big Polanski fan (Repulsion's good, but I just don't get on with Rosemary's Baby), but The Tenant is one of his best films.

Jim.