[kj] (OT) Bass cadets

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Apr 9 09:50:33 EDT 2009

That whole 1st REM 5 song EP was sick and twisted. The only other record that comes close it "Reckoning".

From: bettedillinger at live.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:29:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Bass cadets

Pete Buck (I am only speaking of early REM, like "Chronic Town", "Murmur" and "Reckoning") had such a distinctive style of guitar playing. Actually inspired me in so many ways. They were so great in their early years. Isn't Mike Mills the name of the bassist? Just listening to "Wolves, Lower" and am astounded by his playing.
Who was the bassist on "Learning to Crawl"? That had some tight bass lines, for sure.