[kj] (OT) Spooky events

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 8 19:43:45 EDT 2009

The most spooky and unsettling thing to everr happen to me occurred about a year and a half ago. I was watching a movie late one night, when suddenly the doorbell rang, and kept ringing continuously. The noise made me jump; it was a new flat, and I hadn't fully got used to all the various noises (phone ringing etc etc). So anyway, I stuck my head out the front to door to check, and the ringing stopped. Only then did it occur to me that not only does my doorbell not actually have a button (it's just exposed wires), but that not only it is not connected to the bell inside (that was painted over years ago), but it's not connected to the mains power either. So I've no idea how or why it rang, but it fairly creeped me out that night. Hasn't happened since.

Jim.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

"Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly.

Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.