[kj] OT: Science question

bongo humanhybrid666 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:39:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:55 AM, nicholas fitzpatrick <gasw30 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Has anyone heard of an apparently credible scientific theory that suggests

> the universe is a single event?

no, but i reckon it is. everything is somewhat connected, next to where i
live there is an estuary, next to that is the ocean, next to that is the
sky, then space, then some planets, then more space then some nebula and
stuff, and on and on... (and thats only in the dimension/s available to
human perception, the other unknown ones are connected also, they have to be
for the fabric to hold its overall pattern)

> In other words in reality the universe has no past or future, but that

> human consciousness is configured to (falsely) perceive a past and a future.

how long is a moment? are all our moments the exact same time duration or do
the differ? my old tutor at the ficino school of practical philosophy used
to tell us that if you meditate for half an hour in the morning, its not
like you are losing time during the day, but that you actually gain time
during the day, because your mind is rested and percieves things better than
a mind in constant inner chatter..
this can even be tested, try it yourself!
if the human mind was configured falsely, then what would be the correct
way? (and yet still be 'human'?)
when you become more conscious, then you have more conscious awareness of
the environment you are in. i'm not sure, but i reckon this includes time in
a certain way.

> For all I know this could be mainstream Hawkings stuff but I heard about it

> on a science documentary recently (Horizon) and although I've read extremely

> deeply into quantum theory for hundreds of years, I'd never heard of this.

> Can someone ask Jaz's brother?

> I've googled all over for this but not come across it. Sorry to be so off

> topic but if religion can pitch up here then there's room for a little

> science, eh?

to me, religion and science are the same thing... god is everything, and
science is the study of things..

=)

.

--