[kj] O/T 50 guitar legends

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 7 08:03:47 EDT 2009

How is that Graham Coxon and that waif from Muse rank higher than Neil
Young? Why is a member of the Strokes on this list all, let alone
ranked higher than Dave Gilmour, Gary Moore, Ace Frehley?

I don't know who Zane Lowe is, but he should be flayed alive.

Alex in NYC

On Apr 7, 2009, at 7:50 AM, Darren A. Peace wrote:

> Zane Lowe thinks Slash is the second best guitarist of all time?

> That's all I need to know about him, then. Noel Gallagher should be

> nowhere near a list like this, just like 75% of the rest. No Fripp?

> Heathen.

> Darren

> Hungerford, UK

> On 7 Apr 2009, at 12:32, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>

> wrote:

>> Why are Slipknot, Blink 182, MCR, The Killers etc. etc. on this list?

>> Useless.

>> Alex in NYC

>> On Apr 7, 2009, at 2:44 AM, Brian Whitehead wrote:

>>> Sorry to interrupt the religion chat...

>>> Watched something interesting(?) the other night on an obscure

>>> channel.

>>> Zane Lowe's run down of what he considers the top 50 guitar legends.

>>> Was pulling my hair out at some of them especially #27

>>> Love to hear comments on Jack White.

>>> Somebody missing? Suppose it shows the list for what it is.

>>> Brian.

>>> 50 - KINGS OF LEON - MATTHEW FOLLOWILL

>>> 49 - BIFFY CLYRO - SIMON NEIL

>>> 48 - JEFF BUCKLEY - JEFF BUCKLEY

>>> 47 - THE KILLERS - DAVE KEUNING

>>> 46 - SLIPKNOT - MICK THOMSON

>>> 45 - SOUNDGARDEN - KIM THAYIL

>>> 44 - MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE - FRANK LERO

>>> 43 - GREEN DAY - BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG

>>> 42 - YEAH YEAH YEAHS - NICK ZINNER

>>> 41 - MANICS - JAMES DEAN BRADFIELD

>>> 40 - BLINK 182 - TOM DELONGE

>>> 39 - KISS - ACE FREHLEY

>>> 38 - ARCTIC MONKEYS - ALEX TURNER

>>> 37 - PINK FLOYD - DAVE GILMOUR

>>> 36 - PIXIES - JOEY SANTIAGO

>>> 35 - REM - PETER BUCK

>>> 34 - SYSTEM OF A DOWN - DARON MALAKIAN

>>> 33 - THIN LIZZY - GARY MOORE

>>> 32 - SUEDE - BERNARD BUTLER

>>> 31 - PEARL JAM - MIKE MCCREADY

>>> 30 - THE STROKES - NICK VALENSI

>>> 29 - SMASHING PUMPKINS - BILLY CORGAN

>>> 28 - NEIL YOUNG - NEIL YOUNG

>>> 27 - OASIS - NOEL GALLAGHER

>>> 26 - FOO FIGHTERS DAVE GROHL

>>> 25 - THE CLASH - MICK JONES

>>> 24 - AEROSMITH - JOE PERRY

>>> 23 - BLUR - GRAHAM COXON

>>> 22 - PRINCE - PRINCE

>>> 21 - RADIOHEAD - JOHNNY GREENWOOD

>>> 20 - BLACK SABBATH - TONY IOMMI

>>> 19 - U2 - THE EDGE

>>> 18 - JANE'S ADDICTION - DAVE NAVARRO

>>> 17 - THE ROLLING STONES - KEITH RICHARDS

>>> 16 - STONE ROSES - JOHN SQUIRE

>>> 15 - QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE - JOSH HOMME

>>> 14 - THE WHO - PETE TOWNSEND

>>> 13 - THE WHITE STRIPES - JACK WHITE

>>> 12 - QUEEN - BRIAN MAY

>>> 11 - NIRVANA - KURT COBAIN

>>> 10 - RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE - TOM MORELLO

>>> 9 - THE SMITHS - JOHNNY MARR

>>> 8 - AC/DC - ANGUS YOUNG

>>> 7 - VAN HALEN - EDDIE VAN HALEN

>>> 6 - RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS - JOHN FRUSCIANTE

>>> 5 - MUSE - MATT BELLAMY

>>> 4 - METALLICA - KIRK HAMMETT

>>> 3 - LED ZEPPELIN - JIMMY PAGE

>>> 2 - GUNS N' ROSES - SLASH