[kj] End Religion chat/PUNKROCK

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 4 09:44:13 EDT 2009

Speaking of ye olde punk origin chat, I'm currently reading a book
that might interest some of y'all...

"This Ain't The Summer of Love: Conflict & Crossover in Heavy Metal &
Punk" by Steve Waksman is a little self-important and textbooky, but
I'm quite enjoying it despite my cynicism (see also Dave Thompson's
strenuously earnest "The Dark Reign of Gothic Rock"). There's -- quite
regrettably -- nary a mention of Killing Joke, but it's worth checking
out all the same.

Up the Irons,
Alex