[kj] Official Site

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Apr 2 10:30:21 EDT 2009

I agree that a lot of the London protesters looked and acted a bit like idiots, but Brenden is right, they have important causes to advertise (4 main issues were addressed--the 2 wars, the banker bailout fiasco, the environment, and the gay rights issue [BTW, who are a bunch of bigots to tell people they can't get married--I have several students w/same sex parents and they are great parents...]). Often the anarchists make these protests into a circus atmosphere. However, in the US at least, often the cops send a provocateur into the crowd, dressed like an anarchist or whatever, to start smashing windows, in order to give the uniformed cops an excuse to attack (although it looked like this might not have been the case in London). At a recent Wall St protest, pictures were taken of 2 cops dressed like anarchists standing alone behind police lines...