[kj] OT: High-end audio

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Sep 25 22:42:20 EDT 2008

Super-Thread-Highjackerman...

Does anyone out there have the equipment and auditory faculties to
appreciate the difference between 320kbps mp3 and .wav, or other lossless
format uncompressed digi audio?

I have neither, so it's a moot point for me. But I'd like to know if there
is much in it.

Question: What's the cheapest way to get the highest end audio, bang for
buck, grab a high-end set of Sennheisers or similar? I go into Hi Fi shops
from time to time and sit in their rooms drooling (then again I drool
semi-continuously anyway...)