[kj] (OT) Record stores in Manhattan

Karen Weil karen.weil at sddt.com
Thu Sep 25 19:42:19 EDT 2008

OMG -- hell truly has frozen over ...
; )

Long live the independent record store!

Cheers,

K.W.
----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Smith
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Record stores in Manhattan

Both Virgin stores are slated to close next year. But you shouldn't spend your money there.

Alex in NYC

On Sep 25, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Rheinhold Squeegee wrote:

I know I'll be branded a heretic, but I've always enjoyed a stroll through the Virgin Megastores when I'm in NYC.

I haven't been for a while, though, and I can't quite figure out if they're still open or not, after Branson unloaded them on Vornado.

The Intawebs seem to indicate that they are either closed, in the process of closing or will close in Q1 of '09.

Just looking for things to do during the day while I'm in town for the KJ shows.

And don't worry, I've already got Other Music, Kim's, Generation etc. on my list.

Can anyone give me the down-low on Virgin's current status in Manhattan?

AR not in N.Y.C.