[kj] Youth Report, Zurich calling...

Tijs Keverkamp tk at dds.nl
Wed Sep 24 09:06:22 EDT 2008

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Zurich.... No brakes on your Roller-skates.

Zurich.... No brakes on your Roller-skates.
I liked Zurich , very expensive and very conservative German but
there is still a pervading ambience of tranquility. Could be all the
gold they have stashed in their banks! But the rivers ,the altitude
and the lakes, mountains... all combine into something
very ....cool ,exclusive and reserved, a bit like a finely crafted
swiss watch! . Lots of fountains ....like Granada! The water tastes
better than champagne here....good vibes . It's very "Edelweiss" and
lederhosen......even the train has piped cow moo's and alpine
bells...rockin! still there is still a bit of 70's hippy/freak vibe
with the older heads , in-between the strangely calm merchant bankers
of the world and the swiss teenagers clean cut preppy look vs goth/
crusty Hoxton junky look!
Our crew and support band/ special guest's "Treponem pal " Dark
industrial, metal vibe , arrived in good spirits after a night
traversing the Alps.
Harmony has been restored after the turbulence of Milan.
A pungent, organic, sweet aromatic perfume drifted from the venue as
we arrived ...mmmmmm Marco, the lead singer .He puts on legendary Dub
sound-system nights in Paris ....when he's not scaring the living
daylights out of people in Treponem pal! They are very loud and
unrelenting in their sonic assault ! They have that fearless Gaulish
Celtic banshee," warrior's of the road "vibe. A little bit like
Magma... well intense ! (French" Can" early 70's) my favorite French
rock band ever....and one of Jaz's pet hates, although i did remind
him that if he can remember them , he must of listened to them once
upon a time and if I know Jaz ...probably liked them too !
Thanks to them for their good vibrations on the tour! Pierre the bass
player plays a Ricky and seeing it everyday staring me down at
soundcheck convinced me to buy one myself ! Respect!
We did a similar combined set as Barcelona and two new ones! yes
"Fresh fever from the sky's" took us over the edge ...full power!
No brakes on your Roller-skates.......watch out !

2 new ones.....exciting!

matt-amsterdam