[kj] Duendes...The Spanish Sessions

Bob Barathy bbarathy at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 24 08:35:35 EDT 2008

More details from Plastichead:
FANTASTIC LIVE SESSION RECORDED WITH THE ORIGINAL KILLING JOKE LINE UP
BACK TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 1982!!!!
About the release Jaz Coleman said "Can you imagine it, the original
line up hasn't been in the same room since 24th February 1982 and I am
waiting for Paul to arrive here at Youths studio in Granada, Spain at any
moment. Like most preconceptions the reality is always different.The door
opens and there he is, we embrace, still the same athletic build, the same
impeccable manners, the same fire in his eyes. Inwardly I am delighted for I
feel we have truly transcended any petty differences of the past. As most
people are aware there have been many incarnations of Killing Joke over the
years, however the original line up bears no comparison to later line ups,
neither socially or musically. For example there are always two people
moving in opposite directions. In the present tense this manifests as Youth
insisting that we write some new songs for the tour whereas my concern is
learning five hours of music (ie two sets) always the revolutionary and the
reactionary, simultaneously. Our conversations and debates follow a similar
pattern. As for the sound it is far from polished to put it mildly but when
it locks in it is both emotional and devastating. For me, my life seems
strangely complete with these characters (who, when all is said and done,
are family) We started as teenagers together. Killing Joke was our further
education and now we are all approaching fifty!"
Here then is the raw beautifully imperfect soundtrack to so many
peoples lives least of all our own.
New album in January if we are still alive. All our love and best
wishes to the Gathering
1. Requiem
2. The Wait
3. Tomorrows World