[kj] OT: People I've accosted.

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 16:02:02 EDT 2008

Jerry Stahl (w/Monah Li) - I helped out Jerry Stahl at an electronics store i worked at. Came in with his good friend fashion designer Monah Li and after the hour we all spent talking, he turned out to be one of the coolest, most supportive and people i've ever met. He's also very street-smart it's almost frightening. Told me about his day-to-day habits after rehab have helped him survive (he used to be a homeless crack/heroin/speed/everthyingelse addict but now writes for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation). I still run into him in the bookstacks at different bookstores around town, especially SkyLight Books up in the Los Feliz area.  His published memoirs are hillarious, insightful, and tragic too.

Monah Li is super nice and very street smart also, and a designer whose work i like - very rare for me to be partisan to any designer. She talked about her then-new shop and how she loved designing alternative clothing. She now works for Dior or YStLaurent or similar.

Gino Salvano - (tv show 24; True Lies) a very upper caste Christian Lebanese Arab; met him at a store i worked at and, who after a 1/2-hour talking with about his work and mutual acquaintances and Lebanon, I am convinced he took time off from the "Hollywood Scene" to go fight in Lebanon. Just something about all the 'seemingly oblique' details he shared before he left (June '06) and especially after he came back (the following August), and how he looked. Really cool to talked to. Said he was trying to go work on the show 24 again either before or behind the camera. All-around international "player" type.

Danny Elfman(imdb.com)- again, talked with him at an electronics store i worked at ('99). Very patient and very fan-friendly (answered several people's questions and invited conversation!). The last question I remember asking him was whether Oingo Boingo would work together again his answer was, "..negatory." Very cool all around, and him and his wife (actress Bridget Fonda) together are almost too nice and saccharine-sweet to imagine. She is nice even to a fault at times. Didn't think Hollywood let anyone remain that way.

Jessica Cauffielaka Sat Siri Kaur - again, from where I used to work. She's very open and talkative, told me about her travels to go jammin' (music) in Nepal with the locals. Says she much prefer to actually live than to work in Hollywood. She is the one person in the world for whomHollywood  really is just a part time job so she could go off and do her passion, be it her travelling to study other peoples and cultures, her music or art or i think she said acting in play, maybe? i forget. She's very intelligent, very quick, and very cheerful, bubbly, giggly and very laser-sharp like very few others can pull off.

 Richard Montoya(of Culture Clash) - talked about his old comedy satire show on FOX Tv, some of the deeper references in his writing (Carlin, Lenny Bruce,etc.). He is Satire at 80miles per hour with brains going at 90 miles per hour. Yep, at an electronics store i worked at, too.

And...  i've seen Kiefer Sutherland at the same store wearing tight jeans, a purple untucked longsleeved t shirt with a purple thick-knit bright GOLD Harry Potter-style scarf, in late summer. weird...

[looking at the current state of things]
'Save me...
  save me from Tomorrow..

"Se canto que canto, canto pas per ieu,
  Canto per ma mio, qu'e¨s alen de ieu..."