[kj] OT: People I've accosted.

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Sat Sep 20 00:38:45 EDT 2008

Ahh, here's another one I happened to find from a decade plus old e-mail
about encountering Woody Harrelson at a U2 concert during their "Popmart"
tour in '97 during the LA Coliseum date:

+++++

My wife, my brother his friend and I all had great seats in the 9th row
right up front on the floor in front of a couple who'd brought an
approximately 6 - 8 year old girl who appeared completely miserable even
before the show started. As the concert began, this guy strained to see
past my brother and I who were much taller then he was, plus we were *all*
standing on the rickety folding *arms* of the seats on the field to see
everything. About 5 songs into the show, my brother and his buddy left
their seats to sneak all the way to the front and this short dude asks me if
he could stand on the empty seat next to me so he could see. I didn't really
care and just warned him that he'd have to go back to his seat if my brother
came back (he didn't). At this point, he was getting loaded off a little
pot and offering me hits off his little pipe which was pissing my wife off
considering his "wife" and kid were behind him not having a good time. Me,
I was totally absorbed in the show and virtually oblivious to my wife's
smoldering anger at this non-descript friendly stoner next to me.

Two key things going on at this point... One, I didn't know he was Harrelson
(he was dressed in a t shirt, jeans and tennis shoes) until my wife was
finally able to scream in my ear (repeatedly) over the noise of the show.
The other was by this time, his little girl was uncomfortably passed out
laying on two folding chairs. At this point, other people around us started
realizing who he was as well and by the encore, he started getting nervous
that people were staring at him instead of looking at stage. I was kinda
dreading, yet also anticipating the fireworks if my wife managed to lay into
Woody at some break in the show but that never happened as Woody decided it
was probably a good idea to get out of there during the encore break.

T.B.