[kj] Current Fav K.J. song

jon chapman jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Sep 15 17:13:16 EDT 2008

i don't remember hosannas getting blasted by the media.this review of otg,was quite good in comparison to some that i've got.

In fact there's precious little to attract us to 'Outside The Gate'. It's a stodgy, inconclusive LP that fails in all but the most basic of senses to to achieve its end, leaving us feeling soured and unimpressed. In a way, however, it is the ultimate Killing Joke LP: nihilistic, unfettered, tedious to the last second.

From: jonniespatula at hotmail.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 21:03:51 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] Current Fav K.J. song

it's quite simple.outside the gate - she-ite,hosannas velly velly good.

Someone joked about "Tiahuananco" (or however you spell it), but I think there's a case to be made for Geordie's contributions to that track.OTG completely broke my heart the first time I heard it (I still remember refusing to accept that "America" was by the same band that did "Fall of Because" and "Chop-Chop"), but the album remains strangely compelling for me -- like a riddle without a viable answer. HOSANNAS, meanwhile, is just a mess.Alex in NYC
-----Original Message----- From: jpwhkj at aol.com Sent: Sep 15, 2008 3:53 PM To: gathering at misera.net Subject: Re: [kj] Current Fav K.J. song Funnily enough, I was thinking of voting for it. I was listening to OTG remastered (just got it) the other day, and was reminded what a great track it is. I'd love to see them play it live. I can just see Jaz, wracked with nervous tension, singing that final bit, "and I remember - yeah! - the violation - determination came - determination - yeah!" while Geordie's chiming guitar winds up to a pitch........Jamie-----Original Message-----From: jon chapman <jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:30Subject: Re: [kj] Current Fav K.J. song

still no votes for tiahuanaco?? why??
myspace.com/jokerjonchapman

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:06:53 +0100From: woody2shooz at gmail.comTo: leechgate at yahoo.com; gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Current Fav K.J. songthat's a few votes for Majestic and well deservedChris Mccool wrote:

"Song And Dance" is one of my all time favorites.Kind of digging "Majestic" at the moment as well though.

Try Facebook in Windows Live Messenger! Try it Now! =

Try Facebook in Windows Live Messenger! Try it Now!