[kj] [OT] More Palin

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 12 23:30:09 EDT 2008

"I'm just amazed at all the attacks going out on Palin and it
irritated me to
the point of feeling the need to respond. "

That you're amazed that so many people find her beyond reproach is
something I find exasperating. LIFT YOUR HEAD FROM THE SAND, man.
She's a giant step backwards waiting to happen.

Alex in NYC

On Sep 12, 2008, at 6:23 PM, The Exorcist wrote:

> [...]

> world works in general

> and I love it!), attacks ought to be applied to both sides.

> (It was also nice to see that Palin did not say that our mission in

> Iraq is god's plan, but that we

> should pray that it's in his plan and that we are doing the right

> thing. I was very disturbed by the

> youtube clip and it now puts it more into perspective.

> Kennedy and other presidents have said lines similar to the ones

> Palin had said.

> JFK----

> "And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears

> fought are still at issue around the globe--

> the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of

> the state, but from the hand of God."

> "With a good conscience our only sure reward, with history the final

> judge of our deeds, let us go forth to lead the

> land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that

> here on earth God's work must truly be our own.")

> High taxes or low taxes? War or no War? More gov't programs or less?

> Healthcare: private, national, bit of

> both?

> When the media went after Palin for not knowing about "Foreign

> Policy" and not being ready

> I don't recall anyone doing that to Obama when the Russian-Georgian

> spat broke out. And

> that was something like a mini surprise test where we got to see

> both presidential candidates react.

> I do believe Obama has been handled with kid gloves and I base it on

> observations like what I

> had listed in the previous post. No one on "The Gathering" said "OMG

> Obama doesn't understand

> how the UN works or how our military chain of command works". But

> Palin doesn't know "The Bush

> Doctrine" (which there are quite a few interpretations) and all of a

> sudden the battle cry "She's not ready".

> The whole experience thing is out the window as both Obama and Palin

> have little national experience

> and I don't think it can be used anymore.

> Any questions or criteria that are thrown to/applied to one

> candidate should be thrown at/applied to the other as well.

> Just like in basketball, if both teams shoot and miss, it stays 0-0,

> not 1-0.

> This post has nothing to do with pro-Palin/anti-Obama (though I am

> clearly not an Obama fan)

> it's about equal objectivity as I see it.

> (You'll also notice I don't start any "Pro Palin" or "Anti Obama"

> threads. I just respond to it)

> Have a lovely weekend Karen,

> (It's rainy and crappy here)

> Yos

> At 05:26 PM 9/12/2008, Karen Weil wrote:

>> Sorry, Exorcist, but respectfully, I don't share your views.

>> And I doubt she knows how the government works any better.

>> Tell you what: Please tell me why you like (or don't) Palin. I

>> really would like to know.

>> You're an intelligent person, so I'd welcome your thoughts.

>>> k.w.

>>> Subject: [kj] [OT] More Palin

>>> http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5782924