[kj] BERLIN!!!!

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 16:34:09 EDT 2008

If the worst thing about the audience is P West showing you his pecs, it really isn't that bad.

Things I don't miss about punk gigs in the eighties:

* the mindless fights (as opposed to the intelligent ones)
* the toilets awash with piss
* getting crushed by large punks with sharply studded jackets while I only had a t-shirt
* having someone drop a lighted cigarette down my t-shirt in crush where I couldn't move my arms
* having someone try to remove my studded dog collar (The Damned, Brockwell Park, August 84)

Actually that last one was quite funny.  I turned round and glared, and he apologised rather shamefacedly, and we got on with the gig.

Jamie