[kj] Quiet before the Storm

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:41:08 EDT 2008

KJ BLOg (Quiet before the storm)

We arrived in Tokyo about 10am.Amazed i was , when we got to the hotel to find a gaggle of fansloitering with intent to collect pictures and autographs! How do theyknow where we are staying? How do they know what we look like!
Theband immediately crashed out in their rooms to sleep off the lag .I hada quick chat with our Japanese production team about our visuals andlight show.We have some amazing images and films put together for us byoriginal KJ graffic designer Mike Coles and Jimi Cauty , formally fromthe KLF and now activist, artist and all round genius!
Then i wentto explore and buy canvas's for painting sesh later on.I'm selling alimited edition poetry book lovingly printed by the Bracket Press onthe tour with the T shirts and band stuff.If you buy the book you get afree ambient album!(good deal!) Both are titled 'Catching fire from adistance' and I have done some one off original paintings to accompanythe book and album .
Walking through Shibuya the first thing inotice is there is a new look in town . All the kids are on a Mod tipwith added Hoxton raffishness. Style is a big deal here and they do itreally well.Mixing up every conceivable 'look' over the last 30 yearsinto the most original and unique ways imaginable. Black and whitecheck seemed to be the most popular mixed with a Tarrantino 60'splastic pop vibe .....super cool inspiration!
Tokyo Hands mega storesupplied the art stuff and I headed back to the hotel , via some recordshops and cool book shops. I had arranged to meet old friends and thelabel managers of Dragonfly Recordings and Liquid sound here in Tokyo,Yappo and Shinya .Both legendary party promoters of underground trancemusic from the early 90's .Those really were the days!
We were goingfor sushi! Jumpei ,manager of our support 'Sao Paulo Project' met usthere later.As we were leaving we bumped into a groggy Geordie in thehotel corridor.He had just woken up and was meeting Jaz for breakfast !it was now 7.30 pm !
They took me to a tiny place down a back alleynear the port. The best sushi i have ever tasted! Some of the flavoursI have never tasted or even dreamed of before.Kick startling my tastebuds into overdrive,the meal was just awesome .I was floating when weleft!
The weirdest sushi names as well such as 'Bastard Hallibut' and 'Chicken grunt' or even 'striped beak perch' !!!
The jet lag caught up with me in the cab on the way back but once backat the hotel I got a second wind, banged some tunes on and got thebrushes out.
3 hours and 9 mini masterpieces later I am definietly ready for bed!

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait

fuck Oasis ;)