[kj] KJ IN NYC 2008

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 19:42:11 EDT 2008

You've drank way too much of the Kool-Aid.

On a lighter note -- please know that as maddening as I find this
debate, I'm still looking forward to seeing you and hoisting several
pints to celebrate the return of KJ to NYC with ya.

By the way, tonight - -Keith Olbermann (just recently barred from
further presidential coverage) is interviewing Obama, which is a bit
like me interviewing Killing Joke. Not exactly the toughest pair-up.

Alex in NYC

On Sep 8, 2008, at 5:54 PM, The Exorcist wrote:

> Eloquence without substance is worse. :) (IMHO)

> With the other at least you know what yer getting.

> At 02:47 PM 9/8/2008, Karen Weil wrote:

>> BTW: Exorcist: After 8 years of an immensely inarticulate, dull-

>> witted president, I think a little "eloquence" wouldn't hurt.

>> k.w.

>>> k.w.

>>> The States

>>> 1. They typically play a lot of stuff off s/t and a good number of

>>> wtf anyway. And while I like Pandemonium playing the entire album

>>> again (they practically did for the tour) isn't necessary. If you

>>> want I'd rather hear Democracy. never heard any of it live.

>>> 2. There are plenty of great albums that get ignored all

>>> together. Extremities. People. How long have we been bitching

>>> about not hearing any of it. And while I didn't care, much, for

>>> Hosannas I would like to hear the live translation of 2 songs

>>> (TOPS).

>>> 3. Couldn't/shouldn't they play proper homage to Raven? Yeah I

>>> know this tour exists because of him. And yeah you'll probably

>>> hear Love Like Blood and maybe Kings and Queens or Eighties. But

>>> really. Lets pay proper respect and play something other then the

>>> obvious hits. Paul played plenty of Youth tracks that weren't hits.

>>> 4. Killing Joke, in my opinion, were never one of those bands

>>> that had to rely on 2-3 records to sustain their career. Maybe I

>>> am too big of a fan. But If I had to give someone a single KJ

>>> album to give them an idea of how they sound I couldn't. Bands

>>> are doing this type of thing all the time. Sometimes it is to

>>> celebrate an album anniversary. Sometimes it is to remind the

>>> public of how they became famous. Or sometimes the album, by

>>> itself, is a defining moment (ala Sgt Peppers). roger Waters did

>>> it with the Wall. Cheap Trick did it with the first 3 lps.

>>> Melvins with Houdini. etc etc etc.

>>> The one advantage that I see of this rather lax schedule is that

>>> Jaz shouldn't have an issue of his "voice". I never read that

>>> Geordies fingers hurt

>>> ;)

>>> Chris

>>> October???