[kj] Joaquin Phoenix quits film to work in music

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 11:29:14 EDT 2008

"Alex Smith" wrote:

> He was in "Walk the Line" -- which I didn't see (there's only ONE [1]

> Johnny Cash).

> He was the fey Roman in "Gladiator" -- didn't see that either.

> He was an obsessed slacker in the Nicole Kidman vehicle, "To Die For." Saw

> it, but don't remember it.

> He was Diane Weist's masturbating adolescent in "Parenthood". Saw it.

> Heart warmed by it.

> Alex in NYC

He was good in Gladiator - although I liked that movie primarily for Oliver
Reed's last performance.

Alsi caught him in Signs and Quills. Most of his roles he fills seem to
call for weak male leads except for the Cash biopic. He'd make a good
"Data" if the Star Trek franchise ever needed that kinda actor.

T.B.