[kj] Joaquin Phoenix quits film to work in music

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Oct 31 08:38:50 EDT 2008

Random comment, but has anyone noticed how fucked his shoulders are? Dunno
if it's congenital or what, but must cause a bit of pain.

Actually I can't think of a good movie I've seen him in. That Mel Gibson
alien thing was shit, that one where he's a drug smuggler in the
army...that was shit...still I don't think he's a bad actor. I musta seen
him in something...

> It's his real name -- brother of the late River Phoenix. His parents

> were silly hippies.

> Alex in NYC

> On Oct 31, 2008, at 5:24 AM, Brendan wrote:

>> I don't mind Phoenix, (although his name sounds like a semi ridiculous

>> stage name, if it's not I stand corrected), but I thought him doing

>> Johnny

>> Cash was a bit luke warm to be honest.

>>> Joaquin ---> Johnny ---> Jaz next?

>>> First he plays Johnny Cash, now he's quitting films forever to go

>>> into

>>> music.

>>> If only he could portray Jaz in the (now shelved?) KJ film in the

>>> works.

>>> Joaquin Phoenix

>>> http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/joaquinphoenix_blog.html

>>> vid