[kj] OT: BARAKA

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Sun Oct 26 15:32:49 EDT 2008

I don't know if there are any fans of the Baraka film here... but just in case.

Baraka is being re-released with some extra goodies as well.
I've come across a few reviews and they say the picture quality is awesome.
For fans of the film, I think this might be a must get.

http://www.amazon.com/Baraka-2-Disc-Special-n/dp/B001CDLAT4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1225049071&sr=1-2

Product Description
FULLY RESTORED - THE FIRST MOVIE EVER TRANSFERRED IN 8K ULTRADIGITAL HD!

Shot in breathtaking 70mm in 24 countries on six
continents, BARAKA is a transcendent global tour
that explores the sights and sounds of the human
condition like nothing you ve ever seen or felt
before. These are the wonders of a world without
words, viewed through man and natures own prisms
of symmetry, savagery, harmony and chaos.

BARAKA produced by Mark Magidson and directed and
photographed by Ron Fricke, award-winning
cinematographer of KOYAANISQATSI and creators of
the IMAX® sensation CHRONOS has now been fully
restored from its original camera negative via
state-of-the-art 8K UltraDigital mastering to
create the most visually stunning Blu-ray ever made.

INCLUDES OVER 80 MINUTES OF ALL NEW BONUS FEATURES:
Baraka: A Closer Look
Baraka: Restoration

Eco-friendly packaging
-100% recyclability.
-20% post-consumer waste.
-Prints using soy based inks.
-Greatly reduces green house gases.
-Forest Stewardship Council (FCS) certified
-Weighs less than conventional plastic and therefore costs less to ship

Competition is a barbaric, insensitive ritual that reeks of social Darwinism.
We cannot allow the fittest to survive on our pages. Your loss is someone
else's gain, and your gain is someone else's loss. Therefore, losers contribute
to the society and winners take away from it.
Being a winner is unethical, while
a society of losers is happy and striving as a
collective. In the spirit of diversity,
inclusiveness, and collectivism our contests shall have no winners.
Everyone is declared a loser, which in our book means an ethical team player.