[kj] (OT) guitarists...

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 00:57:42 EDT 2008

Speaking of unconventional guitarists - A certain CD came to mind. It's called Azonic Halo and features Andy Hawkins of Blind Idiot God doing lots of layering, looping and messing around with different effects and the whammy bar and whatnot. Some nice ambient backgrounds and Apocalypse Now samples as well. It came out on one of Bill Laswell's labels in the mid-90s. Sub Strata, maybe. Probably next to impossible to find a physical copy but well worth a download. Very cool stuff.

Leigh

http://www.nightruiner.com
http://www.myspace.com/thesunthroughatelescope
http://www.myspace.com/lauderdale