[kj] (OT) guitarists...

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 23 22:25:29 EDT 2008

Check out Gabor Szabo, very weird player. Next too Geordie - Marc Ribot is
the ultimate un-tethered creator IMO. Hubert Sumlin made blues palatable and
very very interesting. Jamie West Oram is very creative, like Geordie, but
he makes pop funk a new. Andy Gill of course is irreplaceable in guitar
innovator history. And nothing is more odd yet perfectly sublime than Mick
Ronson, his playing is simply orgasmic, creating notes as if from the most
beautiful source in the ether.

Other notables imo (some less weird but still amazing):

Adrian Belew

Clarence Gatemouth Brown

Mickey Baker

Herman the German

That Frippertronic man, Will Sergeant, Johnny Marr

The original "out there" guitarist - Les Paul - nutso stuff for the time.

Daniel Ash

Evan Johns!

Reeves Gabrels

Jeff Beck

Scotty Moore, Cliff Gallup, Danny Cedrone, Eddie Cochran and Paul Burlison
(If only for "lonesome train")

And of course me, absolute legend;]