[kj] (OT) Jane's Addiction Playing Secret Club Show in LA

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 18:24:39 EDT 2008

well placed notes ;D--just finishing the sentance for you jim ;)

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:19:51 +0000From: jimharper666 at yahoo.co.ukTo: gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Jane's Addiction Playing Secret Club Show in LA

When he was taking about Bauhaus, Killing Joke, the Cocteaus, Joy Division and the Cure, Navarro said he preferred guitarists who come up with their own 'soundscapes' rather than technical ones. He tied this in to Jimmy Page, saying he preferred it when Page created 'soundscapes' like No Quarter than when he wheeled out the blistering solos.I have to agree with him there, myself- it's fun to hear Steve Vai (or Dave Navarro!) going off on one periodically, but it's better to hear Daniel Ash or Geordie pulling out something non-technical but devastatingly effective with a few well-placed--- On Thu, 23/10/08, ade <ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk> wrote:

Same here!

-----Original Message-----From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Jim HarperSent: 23 October 2008 10:12To: GatheringSubject: Re: [kj] (OT) Jane's Addiction Playing Secret Club Show in LA