[kj] (OT) Jane's Addiction Playing Secret Club Show in LA

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Thu Oct 23 12:34:50 EDT 2008

"Javier Garcia" wrote:

> He's great in Jane's Addiction, he was pretty good with the Red Hot Chilli

> Peppers, i haven't listen anything of his solo stuff (i know he has at

> least one solo album, isn't he?), but what was waaaaay very disappointing

> was that pretty lame band called Panic Channel, completely spirit-less.

> Now -even when i use to rate him pretty high as a guitarrist- i wonder if

> he has been surrounded by the right people through all this years (more

> precisely: Perry Farrell), but he can't do that much only by himself. This

> thoughts take me right into Porno for Pyros, which guitar work -by Peter

> DiStefano- was really good too, and imho very Navarro's influenced (with

> some "weird" sounds added), but i may be wrong and it could be Farrell's

> hand in his own projects. In other words: maybe Dave Navarro is influenced

> by Perry...

Dave Navarro was originally influenced by early 80's hard rock guitarists
like Eddie Van Halen and later specifically by Daniel Ash (which is probably
why I like his style a lot). During the Jane's Addiction 2001 tour, Navarro
played on a exact copy of Eddie Van Halen's stripped "Frankenstrat" guitar
on a couple songs.

T.B.