[kj] OT: Competition?

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Oct 23 05:49:02 EDT 2008

I reckon for some people, men in particular, intellectual wankery is their
defence mechanism. Males are often / usually competitive as hell, so if
you can't be bigger, stronger, better looking, richer, more popular...you
can still feel superior if you're more intelligent. Basically if you're
memorized more arguments or learned more processes or whatever. I see it
all the time in IT...I could write a book on IT Guy Syndrome. It's a
cliche but well deserved.

Anyway I totally agree with you...awareness, self awareness, & compassion
are ultimately more important, and have a higher correlation with
happiness, than intellectualism.

And so, according to research, does looking at pictures of tits :)

You gotta get me some more Alan Watts material...it's exhorbitantly
expensive to buy...sucks.