[kj] Timewave, November Novelty

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 16:57:49 EDT 2008

> From: The Exorcist

> ...sorta scares the shit out of me how all these schools and

educators

> are trying to eliminate competitive sports and even go the extremes

of

> banning tag, and LEGO... yes even LEGO.

I predict that in schools they shall enforce memorization but prevent actual wisdom from taking hold so in the future kids won't be shamed or ridiculed for seeming or becoming a member of the "elites." [Joe Plumber = America?]

> From: Fluw

> If you don’t want to vote for either dems or repubs and you don’t you like the two party system, then have you

> considered supporting a third party...

I'd love to see Dennis Kucinich win if he could just address his image issues and people's perceptions of him (hell, with a wife that makes him look like James Bond, surely, image management isn't a foreign concept to him).
Too bad cuz between him and maybe Ron Paul and Jerry Brown somehow thrown into the mix, things might *gasp* "change."

As for KJ playing again Los Angeles/West Coast: if DEF LEPPARD can be 'had for a song' to play at - of all places - a UCLA frathouse [I Phelta Thi, was it], then surely we can manage a small gig at the Troubadour (on Sunset Strip, down the street from the House Of Blues).

Let's see..
$10K for the gig, 1 night
10K 10 airline tix to/fromL.A.-RT (band+kybrds., mgr., crew)
. 3K 5 hotel rooms - 3 nights' lodging for 10 people,
300 3 days' of Jaz's years-old "1-hot-meal-per-day" requisite, wine included,
$30K approx.

...so if there's still 300 Gatherers, that means $100 each for free admission plus a DVD copy of the night.

[looking at the current state of things..]

'Save me...
save me from Tomorrow..