[kj] Outside the Magazine

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Sat Oct 18 19:36:59 EDT 2008

Thank Christ it's not Marr. That would really fuck up my enjoyment of the
gigs - I may have had to smuggle in rotting vegetables to hurl.

Pete Shelly? I see the logic there, but despite really liking Buzzcocks,
Buzzkunst and (particularly) his solo stuff, I'm really not sure he's an
accomplished enough player. Sure, he could do all the bar-chord stuff, but
the thing about McGeoch's guitar parts is the huge variety of styles, often
within the same song, and I;ve hjeard no evidence of Shelley's versatility
in his recorded output. Robin Simon (who I really rate, also being a huge
Systems Of Romance, John Foxx & "Play" fan) would be a great choice. He
really nailed the songs, despite spoiling "Give Me Everything" by giving it
a more sensible lead riff to the perfect, atonal original.

Look forward to reading more of this.

Darren
Hungerford, UK