[kj] chicago?

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 15:41:55 EDT 2008

It actually is, except the those people line.

~LB

In a message dated 10/18/2008 6:35:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
vassifer at earthlink.net writes:

Ahh, that's quite nice.

Alex in NYC

On Oct 17, 2008, at 11:19 PM, Cliff Livingston wrote:

Hiya Ok guys just got this from Invisible Records latest newsletter.Looks
like Martin Atkins and the guys got on well in Chicago,i'm very pleased to hear
this.Peace,Cliff
Killing Joke
Sometimes you can find buckets full of reasons why not to do something.
And my god, I certainly had a few buckets worth of reasons not to go to the
Killing Joke Tuesday night in Chicago. A bucket load of kids at home, a bucket
full of jet lag from China, buckets full of other things to do, and a bucket
full of emotions ( good and bad) about the band, the music, the people, and
the memories.
But, nothing except a bucket full of good came out of my trip to the show
Tuesday. The band was tight. Paul Ferguson was rock solid and hammered all
of the songs in the set (which was made up of mostly early material). I
hadn't seen Youth play bass since Hammersmith in 1981; he was terrific. Geordie
was, well…..Geordie. I still don't fully get how he makes that noise so
effortlessly when three other guitarists and a computer work station would be
struggling to come close. The swagger, the smirk, and the ease just underline
his unique vibe. And, as many times as I found reasons in the past to slag
on Jaz, he was leaner than I think I have ever seen him, on form, and hitting
all the notes he needed to hit. The show was a triumphant statement of what
this band is and was, and what music can be. It captured the unique
chemistry that I was fortunate enough to be part of.
I sang along with most of the songs. I don't know if Jaz dedicated "Love
Like Blood" to Raven, but the words of the chorus punched me in the throat as
I thought about absent friends.
I hadn't spoken with Jaz since leaving the band over 10 years ago….
Dressing rooms after a show, (especially the last show of a world tour) can be
difficult places for difficult relationships to find peace and reconnections. I
was welcomed and made to feel, for a little while, like a part of this very
cool, twisted family, happy to celebrate its ups and downs in an atmosphere
where past mistakes, outbursts, indiscretions, or even flat out fights are
accommodated and passed over with a raised eyebrow, a smile, or simply,
thankfully just hanging out.
Where a hole had existed inside of me for a while (too important to ignore,
maybe too difficult to confront head-on) there's now just a bucket full of
something else sloshing around. I don't know what it was – the music, Raven's
passing, or maybe that we're all getting older and don't know if we're going
to see each other soon or again. But, I feel better, more resolved,
prouder of my work as a small part of the family of Killing Joke, and looking
forward to the next time. THANK YOU, Jaz, Geordie, Youth, and Big Paul.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:07 PM, drunk wish <_dwish2000 at hotmail.com_