[kj] Anyone else suffering from PKJTD ?

Matthew Burke marsboy1 at msn.com
Sat Oct 18 13:12:35 EDT 2008

TESTIMONIAL:

Ever since seeing Killing Joke on tour this year, no other music I listened to seemed to have any substance. I scanned the papers and websites, but no upcoming show filled me with any excitement.

I was ostricized at work because I was still talking about the shows a week later. No one seemed to understand. After an hour's dissertation on the difference between the set lists in both shows, the most anyone could offer was "I think I remember that song 80's".

It was worse when I was alone. Once, while shopping, a song by Coldplay came on the store's PA, in less than a minute's time I'd picked up a corkscrew and shoved it in my eye.

That's when a friend told me about PKJTD. Suddenly, all the outbursts, short-temperedness and inebriation made sense. I took his advice and immersed myself in the American presidential election. After 12 hours listening to the pundits, I realized there was a difference between the candidates, and that if I picked one that shared my values the country would improve immediately. I've now returned to making small talk at work, and can't wait for the Coldplay tour to hit my town.

(WARNING: side effects may include dizziness, lowered heart rate, apathy and anal leakage.)