[kj] chicago?

Squibah at aol.com Squibah at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 20:03:19 EDT 2008

Oh boy....
As I sit here in the comfort of my own home a million scenes and sounds from
the last week or so play through my head. Sorting through the events and
trying to put together some words to describe them seems like an impossible task
right now. Miche said she thought KJ was not 100% there in Chicago and I
agree. The set was still amazing though and all in all the gathering in Chicago
was a blast. The HOB Chicago is definitely not as strict as LA. I could go on
and on about how hilarious this is to me but maybe you just had to be there
to see why. LA is full of actors, including security. The Chicago HOB had a
VIP balcony that I was certainly not welcome on unless I paid $200. Fuck that.
I waved up at Martin Atkins and Dick Friction and then kept my eyes on the
stage. Ascension of the Watchers opened with a great set that was so heart
felt, they were just as or more excited for KJ to play than any of us. Then they
joined the pit for the finale. This is Madness was so mad my ass hit the
floor!!! By the end of the show I had Rick (Dick) and his woman standing next to
me both with our Mob Research/Raven shirts on. How cute. An early morning
flight back to Seattle yesterday left me feeling lost and my mind has been
flooded with the sights and sounds from this adventure. I have so much to
celebrate and just as much to mourn. All I want to do is hit up Crow Bar for some
connection but we all know that place just isn't the same anymore. I miss
Raven... 3 days to the year... "As you are I once was, As I am You will be." Back
to the recess of my mind.
I trust 2009 will bring us all face to face again and closer than ever. See
you then.

In a message dated 10/17/2008 2:38:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,