[kj] OT: Drinking leads to brain shrinkage

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Oct 15 09:58:02 EDT 2008

Being in good health but with a 5 -10% smaller brain aren't mutually
exclusive, as long as the smaller brain isn't terminal, and why should it
be if it doesn't affect the body regulation areas? I also don't find it
hard to get my head around a small amount of alcohol being bad for you
(despite not liking to hear it)...big doses of alcohol are known to fuck
your brain badly, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine that small doses
can too? Alcohol can cross the blood / brain barrier (obviously), appears
that it can do it in small concentrations...

Then again it doesn't necessarily mean that the brain can't compensate by
re-wiring existing areas or whatever, all they were on about was brain
volume, not function.

*knocks back a shot of tequila*