[kj] For those who miss the old Geordiesound/blonde hairandhollowbodies

fluw fluwdot at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 15 09:43:08 EDT 2008

I might be inclined to agree that duffy wasn't influenced by setzer until I
heard duffy say that he was influenced by the stray cats.

I'm not sure you could call the stray cats pop any more than bow wow wow,
the cult, etc. it's all pop with different visual and aural aesthetics.

If your audience consists of mostly 15 to 25 somethings in that era and your
music is played on totp's or mtv or what have ya, you are pop.

For that matter even killing joke with their mid 80's media performances are
yet another form of pop.