[kj] Timewave on the ConcertLive Cd

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 02:26:32 EDT 2008

My CDs from the gig finally arrived in the post yesterday. The first night
is very good/excellent - even the photos on the extra disc aren't bad - and
the 2nd night is fine, but... sounds a bit more tinny to my ears, and some
of
the Pandemonium stuff - Black Moon, Labyrinth, Whiteout - sounds pretty
ragged.
Timewave is messed up a little - sounds like Paul is struggling to keep up/
remember the beat at certain times. Can't say the song fills me with much
excitement.

Duende is excellent - it's a proper factory CD as far as I know - the sound
is thick and juicy, and sure there are some warts (mostly Jaz's vocals) but
I guess that was the point.
I wish more bands would release recordings like this. Great versions of
SO36,
Tomorrow's World, Bloodsport, Pssyche, Are You Receiving, to name a few.
Buy it ASAP!

Neil