[kj] Morrissey n' Jonesey at LA show

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 14 17:30:49 EDT 2008

Oh, what is all this about Morrissey? Really now, what have I missed? Is he
not a foppish, fey, kickable, self-consciously prolix keening odium? I
prefer both the Love Spit Love and (for Christ's sake) Tatu versions of "How
Soon Is Now" to the jangly, whiny, stupid diction of the original.

I once borrowed a friend's Smiths CD collection (although he started to
hyperventilate behind his wire-framed NHS spectacles at the thought of not
being able to lick them and caress the booklets for a couple of days -
although it may have been an allergic reaction to the shrubbery he displayed
in his back pocket) and really tried to find something to like. Apart from a
vague stirring at the song about the Moors Murderers, I just got more and
more annoyed.

What have I missed?

Darren

Hungerford, UK