[kj] For those who miss the old Geordiesound/blonde hairand hollowbodies

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 12:21:06 EDT 2008

"fluw" wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: [kj] For those who miss the old Geordiesound/blonde hairand
hollowbodies

> When did duffy's look and sound begin with theater of hate? Was it before

> the stray cats blew up in the UK clubs.

It was right around the same time the Stray Cats really hit it big that
Duffy was in Theater of Hate which lasted about a year until the end of '82.
His style and sound was far more minimalistic during his tenure in ToH, due
mostly to the fact Duffy was playing music already recorded by the previous
guitarist (who's name I forget). Billy didn't really start piling on the
effects on his sound that moved it a bit closer to Geordie's mid 80's sound
until the "Love" and "Peace" albums were recorded in '84 - '86.

T.B.