[kj] Faith Healer???

Matthew Tibbits matt_tibbits at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:45:13 EDT 2008

Glitter is a Youth choice - one of his early heroes... SAHB are more Geordie and Jaz's taste, although they all like the stompy stuff. Early Adam and the Ants were big favourites. They used to go to Adam's gigs and Adam would go to theirs, in disguise.

From: pssyche23 at hotmail.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 21:25:42 +0000Subject: Re: [kj] Faith Healer???

Booids was played at the Hammy Palais gig on 31st July 1983 ... I have it on a Leceister (?) tape which may well pre-date that ... Jamie's right about the GG track played then (The Leader) ... another one that used to be played was "When The Revolution Comes" by The Last Poets ... Regards, Antoni* http://home.clara.net/antoni/ *

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:19:18 -0400From: jpwhkj at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] Faith Healer???First time I remember hearing Faith Healer was the gig at the Underworld, whenever that was (2002? 2003?).Boids (sp?) I remember from either 84 or 85, possibly the Night Time tour? Before that I think it was Gary singing "it's good to be back".Jamie-----Original Message-----From: Bill Meissner <BMeissner at encorehollywood.com>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 4:49Subject: [kj] Faith Healer???

As always – KILLING JOKE came onstage to a loop of the intro to the SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND’s song “Faith Healer”. I’m sure this has been talked about before….but does anyone know if it is just simply because it’s a favorite song of the bands (I know Jaz is a SAHB fan) and it’s become a queue for them to start the show or if there is some superstitious band tradition going on? How long have they been using the song as an intro? Just curious…… Great song!

PS – Here’s a YouTube link for the original song – Great footage!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoM9O0c-h8

Billy Goat

Try Facebook in Windows Live Messenger! Try it Now!