[kj] Morrissey n' Jonesey at LA show

Bill Meissner BMeissner at encorehollywood.com
Sat Oct 11 00:31:37 EDT 2008

I don't have too much time right now to share my wonderful experience at
the KILLING JOKE show last night in LA - It was everything I hoped for
and more. Big Paul & Youth brought back the sound that I felt had been
lost the past few years in Killing Joke - and they all looked like they
were having a great time - Youth especially (Geordie went through 2
bottles of wine during the show so I'm sure he was feeling great too)

People came out of the woodwork last night for the show - I was outside
smoking while the opening band was on and the smoking area was right by
the booth on the side of the building where industry people and anyone
that is on the guest-list check in. My friend was on the list thanks to
a friend that works for Goldenvoice and was at the booth checking in
when walking towards me is 3 men dressed in suits and looking very
formal. When they got closer I realized it was Morrissey. I wanted to
introduce myself but started to chicken out - so as he starts to walk
past my friend calls out to him and says "I have a friend that really
wants to meet you" - how embarrassing but I'm glad he did it. Morrissey
took time out to talk to me and was very cool and kind, shook my hand (a
very firm handshake at that) and was pleasant.

Not more that 3 minutes later the one and only Steve Jones walked up to
the check-in booth - again I had to meet him being one of my heroes over
the years. I told him it was great to see he made it out to see Killing
Joke - I told him what a pleasure it was to meet him and he too was very
nice and shook my hand and gave me a wink.

When Killing Joke came on stage and opened with "Requiem" everyone went
nuts! I had a great spot stage right on the top step going down to the
floor so I had a perfect view right in front. While they were playing
"Requiem" I noticed everyone looking behind me and when I turned around
I saw that Dave Grohl was trying to make his way to the front and made
it to where my friend and I were standing - he was going nuts and came
between my friend and I, put his arms around us as we all sang along to
"Requiem" - Very cool! Dave stayed up front for the first 4 songs or so
just having a great time with everyone else.

I can honestly say that last night was one of the most incredible nights
of my life! Seeing the original Killing Joke, meeting Morrissey and
Steve Jones, and singing along to "Requiem" with Dave Grohl - what a
night!!!!!!!!!

Billy Goat in Hollywood